LOCATION: St Albans, Hertfordshire
REPORTING TO: Head of Managed Services
ABOUT THE ROLE
Modality Support Operations Engineers are responsible for carrying out activities that support the Transition and Change Management practices within the Modality Managed Services department. These practices are principally concerned with on-boarding new customers into support and carrying out regular software updates to client environments.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reviewing low level design (LLD) and testing documentation created by the Professional Services team to create and update knowledgebase articles.
- Testing and documenting remote access procedures and communicating these to the Support Operations team.
- Creating and updating remote access credentials in our secure password repository.
- Uploading call quality network (CQD) network information to Office 365.
- Gathering user figures from client environments.
- Attending client calls to discuss technical prerequisites for acceptance into service (AIS).
- Remotely configuring operational (OPR) and Call Quality Methodology (CQM) reporting in client environments.
- Performing operating system and Skype for Business patching.
- Renewing certificates that support unified communications system operation.
- Scheduling additional resource to undertake patching.
- Checking remote access account viability.
- Updating customer environment documentation to support our contract renewal process.
The above responsibilities are indicative of the work required and should not be seen as an exhaustive list.
WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Modality Systems also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Skills and experience required
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft product stack, especially Windows client and server.
- Experience with Skype for Business/Lync highly desirable.
- Technical skills in any of the following technology areas would be a significant advantage:
- ServiceNow service management system.
- Skype for Business Online administration through Microsoft Office 365.
- Networking knowledge.
- Ribbon session border controllers (SBCs).
- Enghouse Interactive Contact Centre (EICC).
- A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including change management.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Mature and presentable.
- Comfortable with owning objectives and possesses strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider Modality technical team.
A desire to progress within the company. Modality encourages and supports personal development (technical and ‘soft skills’) and has a clear progression plan for support individuals who wish to move up through the various support levels and throughout the wider company.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER AT MODALITY SYSTEMS
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. Underpinning this are more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, don’t hesitate to apply now!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
DIVERSITY IN MODALITY SYSTEMS
Modality Systems Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (UNLESS CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY MODALITY SYSTEMS)
Modality Systems Ltd has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Modality Systems recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Modality Systems. Where this is not observed Modality Systems reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Modality Systems will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.