LOCATION: St Albans, Hertfordshire
REPORTING TO: Head of Managed Services
ABOUT THE ROLE
Operating as a Service Delivery Manager (SDM) within a global support team, the SDM plays a vital role in building long-term relationships with our customers, acting as the bridge between them and Modality support teams.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Building a personal relationship with key customer staff
- Successful service delivery – ensuring customer satisfaction, escalating concerns over service deliverables, escalating customer satisfaction issues when required to management
- Monitoring overall performance of services delivered to customers
- Create, manage and deliver Root Cause Analysis reports
- Good communication around issues and opportunities
- Collaborating with management on customer account management and growth
- Ensuring operations teams are aware of changes and are prepared
- Building service reports
- Service reporting and conducting service delivery meetings
- Writing support service contracts, handling renewals and change requests
- Pulling in additional resources when needed e.g. specialist teams or people for specific issues or opportunities
- Removing all obstacles to customer satisfaction
- Communicating across organisational boundaries – from support engineers through to senior managers
- 3rd party management responsibilities
- Looking out for customer’s and Modality’s long-term interests
- Following up if service delivery is not meeting expectations
- Working with the customer and operations teams to identify and manage service improvement activities
- Along with operational managers and technical leads, accountable for and contributing to the overall performance of the support team
WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Modality Systems also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Skills and experience required
- Knowledge of Lync or similar infrastructure is desirable but not essential
- Previous service desk experience
- Have the ability to quickly grasp the technological architecture that underpins the products and service
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers to deliver a service
- ITIL V3 Foundation or better is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active approach to work, with a positive can-do attitude
- Good document writing skills
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER AT MODALITY SYSTEMS
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. Underpinning this are more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, don’t hesitate to apply now!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
DIVERSITY IN MODALITY SYSTEMS
Modality Systems Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (UNLESS CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY MODALITY SYSTEMS)
Modality Systems Ltd has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Modality Systems recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Modality Systems. Where this is not observed Modality Systems reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Modality Systems will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.