LOCATION: St Albans, Hertfordshire
ABOUT THE ROLE
Modality Systems is an award-winning technology company specializing in Microsoft Unified Communications technologies. Modality Systems have successfully delivered advanced solutions and desired business outcomes to a broad portfolio of clients.
Modality’s strengths lie in its market leading technical expertise along with its deep understanding of UC projects, pitfalls and business adoption.
As part of its continued growth, Modality is seeking to strengthen its Project Management function through the recruitment of an experienced and skilled Project Manager.
The successful candidate will join Modality’s Project Management practice and be responsible for the management of client engagements from planning, through delivery to closure/support transition. From time to time, the successful candidate will also be asked to manage internal Modality change projects.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- The role requires a confident, experienced and self-starting individual who is comfortable working with a broad range of clients at all organisational levels.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, the successful candidate will have the experience and confidence to be able to advise clients in relation to project planning and delivery approach and challenge/suggest improvements to internal Modality processes and practice.
- Central to the role will be the contribution to/review of Statements of Work, project planning (inc the delivery of project plans which meet client needs) and on-going project tracking/reporting/issue management. The successful candidate will also need to be flexible in relation to business travel.
- Strong client relationships are paramount, and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of maturity and commercial acumen. Communications and documentation must be authoritative, precise and credible and the successful candidate will be flexible and responsive to issues yet attuned to the agreed scope of work and Modality’s interests.
WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Modality Systems also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Skills and experience required
- Minimum 5 years IT-based PM experience with complex, multi-site projects.
- Experience of UC products and implementations, especially MS Skype for Business/MS Lync
(MS Teams desirable but not essential).
- Experience in a challenging, deadline and deliverable-oriented environment.
- Experience of structured project methodologies (don’t expect a PRINCE2 disciple but understanding of concepts and ability to selectively apply appropriate tools/techniques).
- Ability – confident, credible and authoritative demeanour - to ‘shape’ a project and influence customers and stakeholders.
- Experience of implementing change – technical and business – and understanding and executing/advising on best practice and governance/controls appropriate to the circumstances.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills….a good ‘diplomat’ and relationship builder.
- Experience managing budgets and of commercial negotiations.
- Commercial acumen but balanced with strong customer focus and empathy.
- Experience dealing with customers and business stakeholders, at all levels.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
- Experience working in a consultancy environment.
- Knowledge of MS Project.
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER AT MODALITY SYSTEMS
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. Underpinning this are more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, don’t hesitate to apply now!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
DIVERSITY IN MODALITY SYSTEMS
Modality Systems Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (UNLESS CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY MODALITY SYSTEMS)
Modality Systems Ltd has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Modality Systems recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Modality Systems. Where this is not observed Modality Systems reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Modality Systems will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.