REPORTING TO: Team Lead (Software Engineer), UK
DURATION: 37.5 hours per week with flexible working opportunities
Modality Systems is an award-winning technical consulting and software development company focused on Microsoft’s Unified Communications technologies – Lync, Skype and Teams. We develop custom software applications and products for a broad range of customers, and have offices in St. Albans and Norwich in the UK, as well as in the US, Australia and Germany.
Modality Systems is looking for great software engineers who are passionate about building great products. We’re an open, honest, friendly and supportive team who value producing high-quality, maintainable software and we need developers who feel the same way.
As a software engineer, you’ll be working as an integral part of a small, agile product team in our Norwich office. You’ll be involved in product releases from planning and design through to release, and will work with product managers, testers and business stakeholders to create and extend the innovative products our customers know us for.
In return we’ll support you in the development of your career and provide the tools for you to learn, including MSDN licenses, Pluralsight access and time off to attend events to support your growth. We also have a great benefits scheme including private pension, healthcare, cycle to work schemes, childcare vouchers, dental insurance and an employee discount scheme.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Collaborate with other test engineers and software engineers as a part of an agile team.
- Undertake all roles required as a part of an agile development team to design, build and deploy bespoke applications in line with business needs and priorities.
- Concentrate on building working software, ensuring that when you change code you are only making it better.
- Contribute to post implementation reviews to incorporate learnings into future work.
- Look out for new technologies and use them when they fit.
- Take a constructive, positive approach towards challenges when they arise, putting energy into finding an acceptable solution.
- Deliver clean, high quality, reasonable, testable code within estimates.
- Continually be looking to improve your expertise, knowledge and skills.
- Maintain an interest in the latest technologies and how they can be incorporated.
- Share knowledge within the team, providing coaching and mentoring to other engineers.
- Automate all.
- Track record in agile development of software using the appropriate tools.
- Experience with application, database and cloud technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and why they are important.
- Ability to estimate effort for the completion of User Stories.
- Coaching, mentoring and agile leadership experience within a Software Development Team.
- High spec PC with multiple monitors and a sit/stand desk
- Visual Studio Enterprise & Resharper
- C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core
- NET, WCF, WPF
- SQL Server, NoSQL
- AWS, Azure
- GIT, VSTS
- Competitive base salary
- Contributory pension
- Medical insurance
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Training and development
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Learn more about the importance of our development team and what we look for in employees in the video below, with CEO James Rodd and Product Innovation Architect Tom Morgan.
DIVERSITY IN MODALITY SYSTEMS
Modality Systems Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (UNLESS CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY MODALITY SYSTEMS)
Modality Systems Ltd has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Modality Systems recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Modality Systems. Where this is not observed Modality Systems reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Modality Systems will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.