LOCATION: St Albans, Hertfordshire
REPORTING TO: Head of Managed Services
ABOUT THE ROLE
Modality Support Engineers are responsible for resolving incidents and problems, providing advice and guidance, and completing service requests that are escalated to the Modality Service Desk. These ‘tickets’ are escalated directly from a client’s own in-house Service Desk and are raised in Modality’s Service Management tool.
Modality distinguishes ‘2nd line’ support as:
- Incidents typically affecting a single user
- Technical complexity is typically medium
- Incidents are usually resolved quickly
2nd Line Support Engineers are expected to triage then attempt to resolve level 2 support requests and report to end users the status of resolution at regular intervals until the request is fully resolved.
Where the support request is not resolvable by 2nd line Engineers, the ticket will be escalated to Modality 3rd line Support Engineers for assistance or for resolution.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Triaging, prioritising, categorising and progressing incidents and requests from customers that are raised with the Modality Service Desk
- Monitoring of customer environments and initiating actions to resolve issues identified
- System administration
- Server operating system and application patching
- Commissioning new features
- Liaising with 3rdparty vendors where required
- Documentation of resolutions and root causes into the Modality Service Desk knowledge base
Skills, traits and experience:
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft product stack, especially Windows client and server
- Experience with Skype for Business/Lync essential
- Technical skills in any of the following technology areas would be a significant advantage:
- ServiceNow service management system
- Skype for Business Online administration through Microsoft Office365
- Networking knowledge
- Ribbon and AudioCodes session border controllers (SBCs)
- Enghouse, Anywhere365 and other contact centres
- Verba Collaboration Recording solutions
- A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including incident management
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mature and presentable
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable with owning and resolving technical issues
- Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider Modality technical team
- A desire to progress within the company. Modality encourages and supports personal development (technical and ‘soft skills’) and has a clear progression plan for support individuals who wish to move up through the various support levels and throughout the wider company.
WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM YOU
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Modality Systems also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Skills and experience required
- Sound computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional continuous time management and planning skills
- Working experience in Customer Service Support environment desired
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER AT MODALITY SYSTEMS
At Modality, we have several goals. We’re a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. Underpinning this are more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, don’t hesitate to apply now!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, send a copy of your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
DIVERSITY IN MODALITY SYSTEMS
Modality Systems Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (UNLESS CONTACTED DIRECTLY BY MODALITY SYSTEMS)
Modality Systems Ltd has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL, we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Modality Systems recruitment team.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Modality Systems. Where this is not observed Modality Systems reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee.
Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Modality Systems will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.